Here are a few articles I found that talk about procedural generation used in video games.
- How Do You Bring The Magic Of Spelunky To 3D Architecture?
- Spelunky Generator Lessons, Part 1: Generating the Solution Path
- Spelunky Generator Lessons, Part 2: Generating the Rooms
On No Man’s Sky:
- How No Man’s Sky Paints 18 Quintillion Words With An Algorithmic Brush
- No Man’s Sky’s Artificially Intelligent Game Designer Is Pretty Amazing
- Secret Habitat Explores the Phenomena of Procedural Art
- Daylight Turns the Mundanity of Procedural Generation into Terror
- Lucas Pope Finds His Procedural Zen
- Let’s Procedurally Generate Something Besides Landscapes
And totally unrelated to procedural generation, just a few articles that got me excited to see For Each Our Roads of Winter: